Starting the Journey to our Individualized Authentic Sustainable Careers in Veterinary Medicine is an open-enrollment, self-study course is based on the archive of a MightyVet webinar presented on September 7, 2017.
Both the webinar and this archive course were made available to the veterinary community via the financial and administrative donation of VetMedTeam. We believe in the MightyVet initiative.
The webinar was the 2nd in a series of free webinars addressing compassion fatigue, burnout, ethics exhaustion, decreased career satisfaction, and suicide. Unaddressed the outcome is often career and life threatening.
This course is appropriate for veterinarians, credentialed technicians, practice team members, along with vet and tech school students.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to discuss:
- give examples of the dynamics of the struggle of sustainability in the veterinary profession
- develop a space that allows the individual to find permission to begin their journey to a sustainable career in veterinary medicine
- outline the core concepts of well-being and explain why one solution is not the answer
- explain the concept of how this journey is individualized on a personal basis
- utilize verbiage regarding sharing their emotions and feelings in the space of well-being
- discuss providing a road map to move from Name, Blame, Judge and towards Recognize, Embrace, Connect