Intervertebral Disk Disease in Dogs: Oh My Aching Back is an open-enrollment, self-study course is based on the archive of a webinar presented on July 19, 2018.
Both the webinar and this archive course were made available to the veterinary community via the financial and administrative donation of VetMedTeam.
This course is based on the archive of the webinar and is appropriate for veterinarians, credentialed technicians, and practice team members, along with vet and tech school students.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to discuss:
- discuss intervertebral disc disease (IVDD) in dogs including breed predilection, anatomy, pathophysiology, and clinical signs
- list differential diagnoses across various forms of IVDD
- discuss radiographic considerations and limitations
- outline prognosis considerations across various forms of IVDD
- explain how to determine when best to refer to a veterinary neurologist