Infectious Disease Control: Implementation & Communication is a free veterinary CE offering made possible through the generous educational support of Virox® and NAVTA
Knowledge without implementation is knowledge underutilized. Implementation itself requires a separate set of skills and accessible resources that will lead to the creation of a formal infection control program, or to refining an existing one. In addition, once the protocols have been determined, they must be communicated to all members of the animal care team as well as to clients. The creation of effective infectious disease control protocols is not the final step. Rather, practices need to set in place a robust and continuing assessment and compliance evaluation process to ensure success, resulting in a safer workplace for team members, clients, and animals. This course will provide the key actionable steps and resources needed to create, assess, refine, and communicate effective infection control protocols to optimize success.
After completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- explain why why every animal facility needs an infection control program and the vulnerabilities of facilities that do not have one
- utilize a 7-step process to develop an infection control program from scratch or to update an existing program
- explain the importance of communicating the protocols with all team members
- develop client education materials
- develop an ongoing compliance evaluation process